Saving Our Sharks se compone de cientos de personas de la comunidad de buceo de Playa del Carmen y varios otros lugares. Representamos los ideales de conservación de una comunidad internacional por lo que todos aquellos que los compartan, son parte de nosotros.
POSITION: Development Officer
SUPERVISOR: Luis Lombardo, Director Saving Our Sharks
The Development Officer at Saving Our Sharks (SOS) joins a strong team of shark conservation experts committed to saving sharks in Mexico. With a focus on shark research and conservation in the Mexican Caribbean, SOS is growing its team and resources to ensure the effective protection of this important and charismatic species. More information on SOS can be found at: https://www.savingoursharks.org/
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (with experience in communications, Public Relations, Marketing).
- At least three (3) years of experience in fundraising, outreach, and development.
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ideal candidate is knowledgeable and passionate about sharks.
The Development Officer for Saving Our Sharks is responsible for identifying and soliciting funds from private individuals, corporations, and foundations; fostering donor relations; and aiding in the management of the business affairs of the organization. Specifically, the Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Managing a prospect/donor portfolio, including individual, corporate, and foundation relationships.
- Supporting the Director of Saving Our Sharks in his development initiatives.
- Fostering positive and enduring relationships among internal and external stakeholders.
- Elaborating materials – including proposals and grant reporting.
- Developing and implementing strategies for enhanced community involvement in fundraising activities.
- Conferring with the Foundation Board of Directors, administrators, and other key individuals in planning and managing specific campaign activities.
- Fully utilizing donor management computer software applications in preparing donor information and reports for Saving Our Sharks Foundation and Saving Our Sharks, A. C.
- Developing and maintaining systems of prospect management and research and donor relations.
- Organizing and executing Foundation fundraising activities, such as events and annual fundraising campaigns.
- Attending and participating in various administrative and committee meetings, workshops, and conferences to gather the information that furthers Saving Our Sharks Foundation goals.
- Making oral presentations as requested.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to professionally represent Saving Our Sharks in public and private events, meetings, and discussions to raise the organization’s profile while building investment support.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing fundraising environment with goals and accountability measures.
- Ability to manage and meet internal and external deadlines for complex projects.
- Ability to participate as a team member, working collaboratively across departments as needed.
- Unwavering commitment to customer service and providing prompt, professional responses to all prospect/donor inquiries.
- Demonstrated effort to maintain and grow knowledge in these areas.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and creative thinker with a strong ability to prioritize, execute a plan and meet goals.
- Strong attention to detail, and high level of personal and professional organizational skills.
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic, confidence, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for events, and to travel.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com and Cc firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you write your name / Development Officer as the email subject.